Monday, June 1, 2009

Home

I'm at home writing this. My new home. So new, i'm on stolen wifi, since I don't have internet installed yet. I've only been here 8 nights, but it's my home now.

Last night I got back here about 2 in the morning, locked the door, brushed my teeth, drank some water and turned out all them lights. Then climbed the stairs in the dark and felt for the doorhandle to my room. As I touched it I felt at home in a way that I've never felt outside of my parents' house. It didn't matter that there's next to no furniture downstairs or that we don't have a fridge yet. It didn't matter that I've not been here long enough to connect a phone or the internet. It didn't even matter that when prompted that very same day, it took me 5 seconds to remember the address.

It doesn't matter that this place isn't finished yet, because it's mine (at least, in part) and I get to have a say in how it ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment